With Chinese New Year around the corner, we have partnered with Marvelous Works, a social enterprise that aims to provide employment opportunities to women from underprivileged backgrounds, to share this bag pattern with you!
For this project, we used Chinese New Year themed fabric designed exclusively by us that is available on our shop. We also design and produce iron-on woven labels to add that special touch on every project! Check them out here.
Photo Credit: Marvelous Works
- 0.5 yard of main fabric
- 0.5 yard of lining fabric
- 0.5 yard of batting/fusible interfacing (Optional)
- 150cm of cotton rope
- 80cm of cotton canvas straps 1.5cm width
- Heat dissipating fabric pen
- Sewing machine
- Cut (2) 12" x 12" for main body of the bag
- Cut (2) 12" x 12" for lining of the bag
- Cut (1) 14" x 14" of batting/fusible interfacing
- Cut (2) 2" x 12" for drawstring casing
- Cut (2) 75cm cotton rope
- Cut (2) 40cm cotton canvas straps